Saturday, July 21, 2007

Welcome to Charlie's Neighborhood


Greetings from Lomita Pines!


I first stumbled upon my little piece of heaven 11 years ago. It's now where I work and play and rest and rejoice! I was cutting through Lomita Pines one day to avoid some traffic snarls and low and behold I was beckoned to this Open House... The rest is history. Lomita is a Spanish name which means "little knoll." We refer to her as the "Little Hill" because we're attached at the hip in several places to "THE HILL" which is the Palos Verdes Peninsula. I guess you could say we're sort of a stepping stone to Palos Verdes. I liken my area to a fancier version of "Big Bear." I love the smell of the Pines and Harbor Breezes. We're actually the same distance from the Ocean (Redondo Beach) on the west as the Harbor on the east. You can bicycle from Lomita to the beach as easily as catching a helicopter to Catalina in the harbor (or a cruise ship - they leave most Friday nights as well as other times for trips to Mexico and most exotic places.) You can even hear the ship whistles blow when the breezes are right. We have our own library, fire station and even police force (actually the workforce portion is provided by Los Angeles County but we house them right here in Lomita.)


We just celebrated our 100th anniversary this year! Some of the residents seem to have been here since the city was established (well, maybe not that long) but demographics are changing and we're welcoming lots of new young families! It's a breath of fresh air, with larger lots, mostly custom homes (we don't have a lot of "tracts" in Lomita) and quaint "Mom and Pop" stores throughout the community. I'd be delighted to give you a personal tour.


Call me anytime and check my websites: http://www.inlomitapines.com/, http://www.lomitahomes.com/ and http://www.yoursouthbayteam.com/ if you're interested in seeing some of my listings and photos of my little town. Hope to see you soon!

No comments: